Professional Dog Trainers Program: How to Apply
We currently run one intake per year. Start date is the second week of September. Click here to Apply Today.
- Applicants to the Ben Kersen and the Wonderdogs Professional Trainers Program must be a minimum of 18 years of age or have completed grade 12. Proof must be provided.
- Applicants must provide two professional letters of reference.
- When English is a second language for applicant, applicant must demonstrate good written and spoken English proficiency (the school may request a TOEFL score or equivalent).
- Applicants must demonstrate physical fitness by completing a brief questionnaire outlining their fitness regime.
- Applicants must complete the Application for Admission, and be personally interviewed by telephone or email.
- An initial non-refundable application fee must accompany the completed application form which is available by contacting the office, or by downloading from the website.
The following are not requirements, but are definite assets for a career as a Professional Dog Trainer:
- Animal experience (especially horses)
- Work in the dog/pet care industry (pet shop, kennel, groomer, vet tech)
- Previous dog training experience (obedience, confirmation, flyball, agility, schutzhund, tracking, retrieving etc)
- Public speaking experience
- Business experience
- Sales and or marketing experience
- Typing, bookkeeping and accounting and computer experience
- Advertising, graphic art or web design experience
- Any physically demanding previous employment such as police, fire, military etc.
- A love for the outdoors
- An outgoing personality with a sense of humour!
- Applicants should watch the first five video clips on our website to gain a better understanding of our training philosophies and methods.
- Applicants should carefully read through the Course Curriculum page on our website to determine that the curriculum covered meets the applicant’s career objectives.
Get started on your new journey now!
Click Here to Apply Today
If you have not received a reply from us within 4 days of submitting your application please follow up as we may not have received it.
Visit our Loans and Grants page for information on how you may be able to get help with paying your tuition.